Windows Free Notebook List

Andrew andrew at swinndesign.com
Fri Jun 16 02:59:14 BST 2006

Howdy all,

I have started putting together a list on the wiki as to who will and
who won't supply notebooks without Windows in Australia.

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Projects/NotebooksWithoutWindows

I still have some information to add, but feel free to add any
information you may have. I think it's important to recognise and list
things such as this to increase manufacturers awareness of issues
surrounding the Linux user market.

It would be good to later build on this and provide some guidance on
specific models and their compatibility with the current Ubuntu, but we
shall start small and work on that.

On that note if anyone has encountered or uses a specific model of
notebook that has excellent compatibilitywith Ubuntu and whom the
retailer also supplies the machines without Windows attached, either
email me the details or add it to this wiki page (ie a description of
the model underneath the manufacturer part).

I would be suggesting only to list those notebooks which are close to
being 100% perfectly suited to running Ubuntu.

Cheers,

Andrew Swinn (Phlosten)