Buying a laptop without MS

Joshua Henderson ubuntu at joshhendo.com
Wed Jun 14 22:52:37 BST 2006

Ask your local computer store if they can sell you one without Windows. They
may be able to.

Another thing you may be interested in, is Dell has a series of laptops that
is aimed at Linux users, as it doesn't come with Windows on it. I can't
remember what it is called though (it could be the X series, I don't know
where that came from).

Anyway, if you do manage to find somewhere, it would be great if you could
post it here, as I am also interested.

Thanks, Josh.

On 6/14/06, Andrew <andrew at swinndesign.com> wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> I have decided that I need to get a laptop in the near future and
> ideally I don't want to be purchasing a copy of something I do not need.
>
> From what I have read this is damn near impossible for laptops, but I
> thought I would ask on the off chance that some new offering had reared
> it's head.
>
> So if anyone can point me to a laptop supplies in Aus that sells laptops
> without MS I would love to hear about them.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew Swinn (Phlosten)

Joshua Henderson