.dmrc problem at login

Linley Caetan linleycaetan at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 3 02:56:05 BST 2006

I get a message saying that  $HOME/.dmrc will be ignored. That the file
$HOME/.dmrc should be owned by the user and have permissions set to 644
and that the $HOME directory should only be read a writable by the user.
Not much of a pain except that I cannot re set the default login to
gnome after trying out xfce.
Would appreciate some ideas.
I have manually re set the permissions to 644 to no avail.
Also other users on the box have no problems and the .dmrc file
permissions are 600600.

here is the content of the .dmrc file for this user.:

[Desktop]
Session=gnome

Thanks in advance.
Perplexed