A LinuxGamer magazine

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 08:56:26 BST 2006

On 07/07/06, Morgan Storey <me at morganstorey.com> wrote:

>  I think it is damn good idea, there are some awesome games out there free
> for Linux and stirring up interest will get more programmers to projects
> that need them.
>  It is however a very narrow market and unless you make it a free or very
> low cost mag, it is not going to last long, but something along the lines of
> what linux user and developer does could work.
>  I would happily put my hand up to give a hand, I love my Ubuntu games, and
> am always looking for new ones, even do some non-free gaming.

I've had some more thoughts on this subject and I'm convinced you'd be
better off submitting some articles to http://www.tuxmagazine.com/
rather than start from scratch.

While I'm sure you might be able to fill a magazine with gaming info
once or twice, after that It'll start getting really hard to come up
with info and not appear banal.

Filling a page or two in tux magazine helps you keep sharp and on
track, lowers work load and lets you ship into a pre-established
audience (standing on the shoulders of giants and all).
Plus Tux magazine is free and electronic :-)

If you need a hand at all I'm willing to help, I'm a longer time game
player and I've been playing games on Linux _only_ for the last 3
years. I'm also a long term (emerald) subscriber to Cedega.

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Dapper 6.06