Official Australian Ubuntu "apt" Mirror ?

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 14 11:03:03 GMT 2006

Michael James wrote:
> Can you tell me how to make internode my apt mirror please ?
>
> My updates have slowed down a lot in recent weeks, and I get a lot of
> free traffic from internode.

anyone with internode, add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list:

# $release can be the release name, eg dapper, feisty.

deb http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/ubuntu $release main
restricted universe multiverse
deb http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/ubuntu $release-updates
main restricted universe multiverse
deb http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/ubuntu $release-security
main restricted universe multiverse
# Warning: evil follows.
# deb http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/ubuntu/ubuntu
$release-backports main restricted universe multiverse

# Sorry for possible line wrap.

# kk.

--
Karl Goetz