status of the free mailout

Paul Schulz pschulz01 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 01:25:37 BST 2006

Hi Peter, hi everyone,

Thanks for your efforts Peter.. I wasn't aware that the rate of
requests had climbed so much.

  What sort of feelings are you getting about the requests?
  Are they just getting asking because the CD's are being
  offered as a freebe?

What if we were to send/deliver bundles to the local computer shops
and direct people there?  (and build up the distribution network)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Projects/UbuntuFriendlyComputerShops

We could then as for a single ShipIt order.. and split it up
ourselves. There would be a cost, but it would be less overall.

or..

We approach APC and get them to do an an additional run of cover CD's
which we can distribute once the magazine is no longer available (1
month delay)..

On 8/14/06, Andrew Swinn <andrew at swinndesign.com> wrote:

> How about putting them on Ebay with a buy it now price just to cover the
> postage and/or setting up a paypal account for donations that may cover
> a few to be sent for free at a local level.

Excellent idea! We need a local Ubuntu on-line shop.
So.. how do we make this happen?

Regards,
Paul Schulz