suggestions for marketing....

Andrew andrew at swinndesign.com
Fri Apr 28 23:25:02 BST 2006

> I have tried distributing ubuntu through the student assoc of my local
> university and was really surprised at the result.  I was contacted by
> their marketing manager when I attempted to post on the classified
> section of their website.  its ok to sell a computer, fine to flog a
> desk. but giving out open source software seems frowned apon.  I
> had my integrity grilled for attempting to give out software for
> free!  so much for university student associations promoting the
> interests of students!

That is downright bananas! An example of silly (and stupid) politics in
society. If it is only an ad on a website and not a printed ad in a
magazine or whatever, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. There are
other ways students are going to see Open Source software on the web.

Did I recall reading somewhere of Ubuntu appearing at a University Open
Day? Thought I saw something about someone having a little stall at
O-Week or whatever it is called.

Cheers, Andrew (Phlosten)