after downloading my ubuntu 5.10

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Mon Apr 24 07:05:00 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 12:31 +0930, Graham Paul Richards wrote:
> I get the front page,says user name,session, language,but nothing happens.I
> assume the download was successful,it seemed to go through OK.
> kind regards

G'day Graham. You'll probably need to provide us with a little more
information but I'll make an assumption that you are looking that the
Ubuntu login screen? If this is correct, type in the user name that you
would have created during installation and press enter. Now type in the
password for that user and press enter again.

If this is not of any help, please send us a little more information
such as what screen it is you're looking at and when it appears (is it
after booting or after running something).

--
During the 2001 Federal election campaign John Howard promised that his
Government's policies would "lead to reduced premiums" for health

The Truth: Since the election in 2001, the Government has approved
increases in premiums totalling 21 per cent.