Mailing list header

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 5 16:33:42 BST 2006

Melissa Draper wrote:
> Simon Wong wrote:
>> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 23:22 +1000, Simon Males wrote:
>>
>>> I think it is a fair request to stick [UBUNTU-AU] or similar at the
>>> beginning of each new post on a mailing list such as this ?
>>>

>> I like that too as I tend to have multiple lists' mail within the same
>> folder in evolution.
>>
> I think it's a good idea too, especially since I get spam with very
> ambigious headings, and real looking sender names.
>
> One thing though, maybe it could be [Ubuntu-au], for the sake of people
> who find [UBUNTU-AU] to be obnoxious.

I'm against it.
when you get 2 lists with big header tags on them like that after a bit
of interaction between the two you get headers like
Re: Fwd: [Ubuntu-au] Re: [Bettong.org] Why do we do this to ourselves?
(Was: Think this thread could get annoying? Was: ok, enough)
etc (even if I'm exaggerating somewhat)
kk

PS
i'm not against the default reply to being made the list though ;)
kk

--
Karl Goetz
The buck stops there -> $