[ubuntu-art] Introduction

Nicky Hajal nicky at tumbledesign.com
Sun Jun 26 18:01:31 UTC 2011

I think they've started to hit a tipping point recently.

I was always a staunch PS user - hated gimp.

Recently, I started designing websites in Inkscape and have been coming to
love it. That's a lot of what I used PS for, so now when I have smaller
graphics editing (not site design) I give it a try in GIMP first. It's
gotten way better the past year or so, IMO.

It certainly has all the power I need, it's just a matter of uncovering it
and getting used to the interface - which is at least as good as PS, I'm
just not totally used to it yet.

The thing about open-source software is that it evolves quickly so you have
to keep an open-mind and give things another try every once in awhile.

-Nicky
---
Challenge is the Opportunity for Greatness