[ubuntu-art] Wallpapers in 11.10

Iain Farrell iain.farrell at canonical.com
Thu Jul 7 11:02:23 UTC 2011

Hi Ross

Sorry to hear you're unhappy. I wasn't trying to come over as a troll
and I don't think Martin was either. The wallpaper we were looking at
was very clearly not an original work and the Ubuntu elements included
weren't the up to date ones so I think it's fair to say that back and
Martin's suggestion that we don't include these materials may well give
the assets a longer shelf life.

We're all working hard to get Ubuntu into the hands of as many people as
possible and part of what I focus on with the designers here at
Canonical is ensuring that use of our brand elements is consistent so
that wherever someone comes across Ubuntu they know that what they're
looking at is related to the core project - an incredibly powerful, free
and open-source operating system.

We can't go back and update old content but we can make sure that what
we create now uses the proper assets as a starting point. That doesn't
mean that we can't play with the assets but we should all start with the
proper up to date materials.

Iain

On 07/07/11 08:44, ross richards wrote:
> Urgh, this is such a troll..  Seems a very closed circle of friends,
> not very nice at all here..  No ping back as to my art, no mention if
> it's good, hell i didn't even mind if it was totally wrong and crap,
> but to have no feedback, is not the way to go.
>
> I have been working 73 or more hours on a set of papers for ya, but i
> don't think i'm gonna continue.
>
> Count me out, i'm not flaming ya, i'm just bored with you city types.
>
> Good luck.
>

> On 7 July 2011 04:31, Martin Owens <doctormo at gmail.com
> <mailto:doctormo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Wallpapers probably shouldn't have the Ubuntu logo or Ubuntu name.
>
>     On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 09:36 +0100, Iain Farrell wrote:
>     > not least because it doesn't feature the proper Circle of friends
>     > or logo
>

>     --

Iain Farrell

This email was sent using Thunderbird