[ubuntu-art] Artwork/Tasks vs Artwork/Specs

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Tue Jan 25 11:51:24 UTC 2011

On 01/24/2011 01:54 PM, Сергей wrote:
> The "Specs" page makes that categorizing even more
> clear, but it's hard to read the names of the tasks. Besides, the table
> looks much more professional and well-designed, which is also important
> in our case.

You could remove or separate the leading numbers.

The table might look more interesting, but showing unnecessary
information while not clearly separating the all important state is by
no means well-designed.

Think about who comes to that page and why. There obviously is a case
where you are interested in active/open tasks only.

>    1. Move complete tasks from the table to some other page, called
>       "completed tasks" / "team portfolio" /  whatever

Once there are enough closed tasks to make that worthwhile. Clearly not now.

>    2. Maybe separate active tasks from all others somehow (other table,
>       separator, ???, etc.). Personally I think this will make the page
>       too complex to maintain.

It's a must. It's not complex with separate tables and not all complex
if you just avoid tables.

>    3. Move the table to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs

No move. The format of the Specs page can be discussed.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/