[ubuntu-art] Free Culture Showcase

Ivanka Majic ivanka.majic at canonical.com
Fri Jan 21 08:56:41 UTC 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,

The Free Culture Showcase for this cycle has been announced:
http://design.canonical.com/2011/01/free-culture-showcase/

Let's get the word out and get the submissions up.

The conversation about tools and talent is an interesting one: why not
try and use this as an opportunity to teach or learn the open source
tools that we have available? If the tools can't do what you want them
to do this might be an opportunity to get some features included so,
even if your idea can't be brought to full fruition this time then the
tools will be in place for next.

I was wondering if we could produce some banners or widgets people could
have on their blogs and websites: "I've entered the Ubuntu Free Culture
Showcase, have you?" - though perhaps a more snappy version would elicit
a better response! We could make them available on the Art Work wiki.

Spread the word!

Ivanka

--
Ivanka Majic'