[ubuntu-art] Video Animations

Richard Querin rfquerin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 14:03:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 4:23 AM, Ivanka Majic <ivanka.majic at canonical.com>wrote:

> How do you think we should go about attracting people like this? Is it
> tools we are missing or is it people with the right creative skills?

I agree with this sober assessment (
http://troy-sobotka.blogspot.com/2010/07/allure-of-culture.html) that it's a
deeper and much more complex issue than tools, it has to do with building a
culture that attracts and retains creative minds. That first question you
ask is *utterly important* though, and should be asked far and wide in our
libre software world. Sadly I doubt many people will actually read and think
about that post seriously, instead rejecting it at the first sign of
self-criticism. Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age. ;) I hope so.

RQ