[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork

Pumpkin Lord eldis.design at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:21:40 UTC 2011

I'm not sure is this subject ever discussed before, but if it's not,
then I would like to see your thoughts and suggestions on this matter.
I doubt that DVD covers for any version of Ubuntu will ever be
"official" part of Ubutnu, but I would like to see some ideas and
thoughts about this. I don't know is a reason for Ubuntu DVD packaging
obvious, but I know a lot of people that would like to pack their
favourite OS (Ubuntu) in a DVD box with some nice and professionally
designed cover. Somehow it looks more "serious" and professional
compared to current paper sleeves that Ubuntu is packed with. Well,
that's my thought at least...

So I have already done some designs before, for Lucid and Maverick,
some of them posted on http://spreadubuntu.org/ but more of them
posted on http://eldis82.deviantart.com/

Here are some of my designs from spreadubuntu:
http://spreadubuntu.org/en/material/packaging/ubuntu-1010-maverick-meerkat-dvd-cover
http://spreadubuntu.org/en/material/packaging/ubuntu-1004-lucid-lynx-dvd-cover
http://spreadubuntu.org/en/material/packaging/ubuntu-1010-cubey-dvd-cover

I generally tend to use Ubuntu color palette, Ubuntu font, official
vectors, and I'm trying to achieve sleek and clean design, without
bunch of colors and shapes.

Awaiting your opinions, suggestions, ideas...