[ubuntu-art] IMPORTANT : Natty illustration wallpaper submissions group

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 16:21:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Saleel Velankar <svelanka at gmail.com>wrote:

> John,
>
> Respectfully I add that once again the overwhelming conversation has been
> about organizing art, instead of art. It is pointless, boring, and lately
> highly divisive. We have already lost a team member that I highly respected.
> Arguing over flickr groups accomplishes nothing. absolutely nothing. Just PM
> the artists that have contributing to this other group. I have still not
> seen *any* valid argument from you as to why that group was still active
> after the illustration announcement; and why these PMs weren't already sent
> after vish's email.
>
> you know what, I typed all that but my original feeling was correct. Until
> this sort of nonsense is tuned down in this group, I don't think I will be
> actively contributing.
>
> --
> Saleel (Inactive)

Saleel,

I agree with you but from a different point of view. My contributions to
this group did not happen out of thin air. I invested countless hours in my
best attempts to add value to Ubuntu and the community and I like you grow
tired of the "rants" and the "flames". More so I have personally asked folks
to join and share their talents and to close their eyes and ears to the
behavior of late.

There are 38 submissions to the "Ubuntu Wallpapers - General Illustrations"
group and some of these illustrations have thousands of views. I can
certainly ask them to resubmit to the other group but I can not hide the
perception the reason seems petty.

Sadly I know there will come a time when planning will begin on Natty +1 and
I anticipate the question will be asked why is it so difficult to get folks
to participate.

The lesson learned is here.

With respect to your talent and your contributions.

Kind regards,

John