[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork - Getting Close toFinal

Сергей shnatsel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 21:05:49 UTC 2011

> Things you mentioned are "fixed" now, if this could be called fixing.

I tend to call it that way since I mess with code more. I know design basics
(revising them right now actually) and that's all, I don't belong to the
design culture.

> I played with Tux color, and I think it looks more slick now.

Yes, it's better. But Tux still looks more saturated on my eye. I'm bold
enough to make a custom version of that piece:
http://img820.imageshack.us/i/ubuntupictogramstyledvd.png/ The colors are a
bit off when zoomed out, but look like the same color when zoomed in. Again,
I haven't seen it in CMYK, so I don't know if this will work for print too.
Even the RGB is not final, I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Side COF logo is now in the same color as other two icons, and it's
> stil aubergine, cause I'm not sure what shade would seem more logical
> in an "aubergine-all-around" color space. If you got some suggestion,
> I'm here.

I guess cutout should work well for the side. What's the point of adding a
third color there?

And the aggresive pink is now removed too. :)

Yes, now it looks better IMO. But I don't like pink in general, so maybe
it's just me.

And back spacing is now fixed. Space between first and second row is
> doubled, and it looks more logical now indeed. And funny thing is that
> it turned out that space I used between second row and "up-to-date..."
> text in the first place, was the same as new doubled space between
> rows of circles.

I'd like to try a layout with equal vertical spacing between all elements.
Could you send me the PSD?

I've noticed two more minor "glitches" now... First, Tux in the certificate
icon looks not quite centered because the icon is not symmetrical and has
more visual space on the right than on the left. Try moving Tux right a bit.
Second, the "ubuntu desktop edition" text area doesn't look aligned with
ubuntu logo on the side because a circle is visually smaller than a
rectangle, but I don't think you should bother fixing that because nobody
will ever notice that when the cover is printed and put onto the box.