[ubuntu-art] Dealing with issues and seeking advice

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 18 20:07:59 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 13:47 -0600, Leandro Gómez wrote:

> I don't like the way this is discussion is turning out.
>

> Of course, one disruptive member can cause a lot of problems. People
> get frustrated, they resign and cease contributing to the team.

People resigning is what Сергей mentioned as the issue that is
frustrating him.
And hence why I mention how *very* hard Thorsten and Martin tried to
talk to John into being more part of the team effort instead of his
disruptive behavior.

> But, honestly, do you really think the problems of this team can be
> attributed to one single person's actions?

No, this team as other problems too and they need to be fixed as well.

But, Thorsten has been part of this team for a very very long time and
if he had to decide to resign mainly because of one person.
Then surely this person is a *very* disruptive element and shows how
incorrigible his behavior is.
Usually people listen when advised, but John just does not want to
collaborate.
There has to be a line drawn at some point and just say enough is
enough.
Or as Martin put it "This is not how communities are run and I ask you
again to step down from the group."

--
Cheers,
Vish