[ubuntu-art] Edubuntu Wallpaper

Сергей shnatsel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:35:27 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan,

I think closing the contest now is not a good thing to do in a political
sense. Announcing some deadline and then changing it or the rules is really
discouraging. People must be sure of stability. They must be sure that the
rules, specs and the deadline are fixed and won't be changed in the middle
of the contest. They won't participate otherwise. (I know it very well, we
have the same situation with business in our country).

I saw several art competitions, and in all of them the number of submissions
almost doubled during the last week before the deadline. That was outside
the free software community, though.

Also, I can't see why a contest and dedicated work can't go hand to hand.
The dedicated work is out of competition by definition. Just reserve the
place on the CD for it and let the contest go on. I also can't see the point
of including just 3 wallpapers: Ubuntu shipped 18 with Maverick, and I don't
think you have more strict size limit than Ubuntu.

Respectfully,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff