[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork - Getting Close to Final

Сергей shnatsel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 07:33:51 UTC 2011

2011/2/11 Pumpkin Lord <eldis.design at gmail.com>

> Considering optical vs metric font kerning mantioned before, optical
> didn't provide any notable improvements.

Automatics won't improve anything in case of such a stretched font. You'll
have to do manual kerning. Users don't seem to care about it, but lots of
designers are crazy about typography, so if you want your works to be liked
by designers, add some sugar for them too ;)

I've attached a comparison of your current "linux" word and the same word
with manual kerning, so you can decide for yourself if you need manual
kerning or not.

Respectfully,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff