[ubuntu-art] ubuntu-art Digest, Vol 68, Issue 10

simmens boarding simmens.g at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 08:55:31 UTC 2011


great work! but you need to change the rasterize setting!

2011/2/10 <ubuntu-art-request at lists.ubuntu.com>

> Send ubuntu-art mailing list submissions to
>        ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        ubuntu-art-request at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        ubuntu-art-owner at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-art digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re:  Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork (Pumpkin Lord)
>   2. Re:  Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork (Angus Fretwell)
>   3. Re:  Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork (Angus Fretwell)
>   4. Re:  Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork (Pumpkin Lord)
>   5. Re:  Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork (Angus Fretwell)
>   6. Re:  Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork (Franco Colomba)
>   7. Re:  Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork (Pumpkin Lord)
>   8. Re:  Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork (Angus Fretwell)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 21:50:49 +0100
> From: Pumpkin Lord <eldis.design at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTikGTrFXttkRXm-tJmNh4wkntzdz13qA2=ML203y at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> I made some small modifications on my last addition. Some color
> changes, and now with more pictogram-alike look. Maybe a bit more
> official-ish feel...
>
> Here it is:
> http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8550/ubuntuuniversalorby.png
> --
> ubuntu-art mailing list
> ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:53:29 +1100
> From: Angus Fretwell <angusfretwell at me.com>
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork
> Message-ID: <E7FF5698-937E-4650-A9C3-9CD225AEC657 at me.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; CHARSET=US-ASCII
>
> Woah! That is a lot better than the last one I saw. Great work!
>
> On 11/02/2011, at 7:50 AM, Pumpkin Lord wrote:
>
> > I made some small modifications on my last addition. Some color
> > changes, and now with more pictogram-alike look. Maybe a bit more
> > official-ish feel...
> >
> > Here it is:
> > http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8550/ubuntuuniversalorby.png
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:54:05 +1100
> From: Angus Fretwell <angusfretwell at me.com>
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork
> Message-ID: <EC234B43-D56B-4E4D-B148-BC9871C8F2D5 at me.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; CHARSET=US-ASCII
>
> Can I add that you could try making the orange icons cut-outs of the white,
> like the ubuntu logo.
>
> On 11/02/2011, at 7:50 AM, Pumpkin Lord wrote:
>
> > I made some small modifications on my last addition. Some color
> > changes, and now with more pictogram-alike look. Maybe a bit more
> > official-ish feel...
> >
> > Here it is:
> > http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8550/ubuntuuniversalorby.png
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:15:44 +0100
> From: Pumpkin Lord <eldis.design at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTimxuwUPPFsgJQOJDQKA8gfDLSXiM4N+_4e1SPGx at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Ofcourse you can suggest anything you like. That's why we're here, right.
> ;)
>
> And now, did you mean something like this?
> http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1209/ubuntuuniversalorby2.png
>
> I must say that I also considered leaving only white overlays, like on
> Ubuntu official CD sleeves, but I wanted to include this Ubuntu orange
> somehow, cause it appears everywhere, from Ubuntu website, to Ubuntu
> itself.
>
> --
> ubuntu-art mailing list
> ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:25:55 +1100
> From: Angus Fretwell <angusfretwell at me.com>
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork
> Message-ID: <0308E4E3-95B3-4332-9DD0-754C4D743044 at me.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; CHARSET=US-ASCII
>
> Yeah, after lining the two up, the orange adds a nice definition.
>
> The only thing I would change is the text (get involved, explore and
> install, etc.). Something about the way it's layed out feels a bit off. I
> think the two columns should be more even, and you could try bumping up the
> line height a little bit, so it doesn't look so squashed. Also try swapping
> top tips and explore & install so it's a little more balanced.
>
> On 11/02/2011, at 8:15 AM, Pumpkin Lord wrote:
>
> > Ofcourse you can suggest anything you like. That's why we're here, right.
> ;)
> >
> > And now, did you mean something like this?
> > http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1209/ubuntuuniversalorby2.png
> >
> > I must say that I also considered leaving only white overlays, like on
> > Ubuntu official CD sleeves, but I wanted to include this Ubuntu orange
> > somehow, cause it appears everywhere, from Ubuntu website, to Ubuntu
> > itself.
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:35:22 -0500
> From: Franco Colomba <franco1216 at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTik4Yoo7pCf2RaPPJgQ6DE_c+NCuQcp5h_pShBhN at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> This looks great & legit! (;
>
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:50 PM, Pumpkin Lord <eldis.design at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I made some small modifications on my last addition. Some color
> > changes, and now with more pictogram-alike look. Maybe a bit more
> > official-ish feel...
> >
> > Here it is:
> > http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8550/ubuntuuniversalorby.png
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/attachments/20110210/85232298/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:30:17 +0100
> From: Pumpkin Lord <eldis.design at gmail.com>
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTi=VBYb=iSY08jBenhYopv+P9OT4QgmvQRRSniBo at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> This is the best I managed to do with back info text. It's a bit hard
> to make it look more coherent cause the right colon contains much more
> text. And when I change the line spacing on left colon then it looks
> more outplaced, than it's with normal formatting. So i added one line
> in left colon, and I edited the right one to make it more even. Also I
> made some small changes on side tab and icons, so how does it look
> now, some feedback would be nice.
>
> There it is:
> http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3568/ubuntuuniversalorby3.png
>
>
> --
> ubuntu-art mailing list
> ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:32:34 +1100
> From: Angus Fretwell <angusfretwell at me.com>
> To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Ubuntu DVD Packaging Artwork
> Message-ID: <8BF74511-F594-4C9C-9311-E85E1F1A5D20 at me.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; CHARSET=US-ASCII
>
> Beautiful!
>
> And have you considered changing 'great-looking' to 'sexy' :P
> On 11/02/2011, at 9:30 AM, Pumpkin Lord wrote:
>
> > This is the best I managed to do with back info text. It's a bit hard
> > to make it look more coherent cause the right colon contains much more
> > text. And when I change the line spacing on left colon then it looks
> > more outplaced, than it's with normal formatting. So i added one line
> > in left colon, and I edited the right one to make it more even. Also I
> > made some small changes on side tab and icons, so how does it look
> > now, some feedback would be nice.
> >
> > There it is:
> > http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3568/ubuntuuniversalorby3.png
> >
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
> >
> > --
> > ubuntu-art mailing list
> > ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> --
> ubuntu-art mailing list
> ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-art
>
>
> End of ubuntu-art Digest, Vol 68, Issue 10
> ******************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/attachments/20110211/26941c70/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the ubuntu-art mailing list