[ubuntu-art] What would you like to work on? (Andrew Starr-Bochicchio)

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Sep 22 19:16:45 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 17:55 -0400, John Baer wrote:

> +1 - The desire of most GTK theme developers is to develop for a the
> greater Gnome community but my preference for this team is to develop
> specifically for Ubuntu.

Understandable, but one could wonder what makes a theme specific to
Ubuntu? It's not like certain colors wouldn't work elsewhere (and we
shouldn't limit our palettes that much).

> IMO community themes has a lot of potential and I believe unique to the
> Ubuntu community.

We still might hit the forum to ask for contributors and could put out
calls on Planet Ubuntu and/or OMG, but currently it doesn't look like
there are enough people into themes specifically for Ubuntu :/

> I can start putting some ideas together on the Wiki but I can't go it
> alone and would want input including participation from the Canonical
> design team.

I know this "can't go it alone" feeling very well.

Regarding the design team, I would not count on anyone of them reading
here all too closely. They seem to be very busy (seriously). Then again,
if not a single one of them reads this, I can claim they don't like
kittens and are disrespectful to ponies, without anyone setting things
straight!

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: