[ubuntu-art] Solutions

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:02:31 BST 2010

Hey all,

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 10:55 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> The Deviantart group is best left to those who are there already. We
> should not encourage use of yet another proprietary site. Especially
> one
> that lacks email notifications, making it a no-go for anyone on a
> tight
> schedule.

As the manager of the devientArt group, I would say that it's not a good
system for organising collaborative work with free culture licenses.
Everything about it would mean organising ourselves. Plus their indexing
is fairly unreliable. It good for a users community, but is immature
technically for the kinds of tools we need I think.

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 04:39 -0700, j_baer wrote:
> More explanation about the art.ubuntu-owl.org site may be in order.
> One of
> the process breaks IMO we need to fix is just having things show up.
> That
> has not worked well in the past.

Ubuntu-owl is our ubuntu-learning-materials website, a small website for
the learning group to focus on and hang our coat. We had some
experimentation with ccHost and put some effort into making
art.ubuntu-owl.org, we wanted to see if it could be used to gather
together useful svgs for making learning materials, marketing and other
creative properties.

Martin,