[ubuntu-art] Solutions

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 20 07:16:29 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 01:47 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:

> Well this group competes against Mark's own thoughts and preferences,

Who else thinks this?!
There is no competition with Mark or Canonical Design team and
considering this official artwork team as a competition is a *very* bad
labeling. And it is highly regretful that people have considered this as
the intent for my initial mail.

If this were a competition, this team would not and *should not* be
listed in the community section on the ubuntu.com site.

We *are* listed as an official community, hence *my* interest in seeing
something purposeful emerge out of here.
That was my intent/interest in sending the initial mail.

What we need is clarity in what we can do , find the purpose for this
team to exist. And why we are listed as an official community.

Let get this out of the way , afaik, we are *not* competing with the
Canonical Design team nor are we intending to.
If people on this list want to take this as a competition , then that is
something *I* want no part of!
I have nothing to prove and if this team is to be considered as a
competition , I will *not* continue to push for a revival of this team.

If people want do want to take this as a competition, they very well can
continue to do so... I dont want to stop them, its just i dont want to
be spending time on such competitions.. :)

--
Cheers,
Vish