[ubuntu-art] Solutions

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 19 18:46:08 BST 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 12:12 -0400, Saleel Velankar wrote:
> I am glad to see that others also seem to think that the death of this
> list is a problem. This thread is for discussing how to get back on
> track.

Another problem is that if we discuss just here , then the
replies/solutions get lost in the archives.

Lets also summarize here : <http://openetherpad.org/UbuntuArtwork>

> Problem #1
> There are far too many people on this list that never seem to post.
> Solution:
> Trim the list to contributors only, only those that post and
> contribute regularly.

I have also had the same idea but I dont think this is a feasible idea.
People will want to ask questions, like how the installer question was
asked a few days ago.

We can leave this mailing list as it is? maybe?

What we could do is to make the lp team moderated

And people can get added there once they state their intent.

Any work in Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Edubuntu will only be included from
Launchpad. So its better if the lp team was restricted to contributors.

> Problem #6
> We no longer have any direction of what to do.
> Solution:
> This entirely depends on #4 and the skillsets we can tap on this list.
> At the very least, we start off small and create a community set of
> wallpapers, as well as alpha and beta wallpapers. Lets find out who to
> annoy to get this done. How would you feel if community artwork had an
> overarching loose theme, say “Humanity” or “Narwhals”?

We can get this done , i dint want to push this too much since i wanted
to test the waters here first.. ;)

As I mentioned, I had been planning this for a while now, and
<http://openetherpad.org/UbuntuArtwork> is a consolidate of my
interaction with other teams. I had nearly given up because there seemed
to be lack of interest from others. And I was being told it might be
just in vain.

Its not just Ubuntu. There are other derivatives we can help too!

Xubuntu *for sure* wants help with their artwork!
I believe the Xubuntu team has now subscribed to this mailing list too..
Let's hear a reply from them directly as well.. :)