[ubuntu-art] Solutions

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 19 18:46:08 BST 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 12:12 -0400, Saleel Velankar wrote:
> I am glad to see that others also seem to think that the death of this
> list is a problem. This thread is for discussing how to get back on
> track.

Another problem is that if we discuss just here , then the
replies/solutions get lost in the archives.

Lets also summarize here : <http://openetherpad.org/UbuntuArtwork>

> Problem #1
> There are far too many people on this list that never seem to post.
> Solution:
> Trim the list to contributors only, only those that post and
> contribute regularly.

I have also had the same idea but I dont think this is a feasible idea.
People will want to ask questions, like how the installer question was
asked a few days ago.

We can leave this mailing list as it is? maybe?

What we could do is to make the lp team moderated
<https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-art>

And people can get added there once they state their intent.

Any work in Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Edubuntu will only be included from
Launchpad. So its better if the lp team was restricted to contributors.

> Problem #6
> We no longer have any direction of what to do.
> Solution:
> This entirely depends on #4 and the skillsets we can tap on this list.
> At the very least, we start off small and create a community set of
> wallpapers, as well as alpha and beta wallpapers. Lets find out who to
> annoy to get this done. How would you feel if community artwork had an
> overarching loose theme, say “Humanity” or “Narwhals”?

We can get this done , i dint want to push this too much since i wanted
to test the waters here first.. ;)

As I mentioned, I had been planning this for a while now, and
<http://openetherpad.org/UbuntuArtwork> is a consolidate of my
interaction with other teams. I had nearly given up because there seemed
to be lack of interest from others. And I was being told it might be
just in vain.

Its not just Ubuntu. There are other derivatives we can help too!

Xubuntu *for sure* wants help with their artwork!
I believe the Xubuntu team has now subscribed to this mailing list too..
Let's hear a reply from them directly as well.. :)

--
Cheers,
Vish