[ubuntu-art] Improving What We Do!

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Thu Oct 14 14:22:44 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 22:06 -0400, John Baer wrote:

> To begin the dialog and to move this effort along I created a Wiki
> page here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Documentation/Blueprint

Nice effort to explain things with a diagram.

With elements of classic flowcharts, you could make it clearer that Stop
is the outcome of "Can it be done?" answered with No. Like here (as
horrible as the gradients and shadows are):
http://www.edrawsoft.com/images/examples/Process-Flowchart.png

I don't understand why "Join Team" is in that place. Sure, it's a
precondition for "Create Submissions", but how is it directly related to
"Identify Process/Tools"?

Layout-wise, I'd try to avoid rotated text. How about one color per
role/actor?

The process narrative and list of actors are useful and close to what I
think should happen (not that I have a perfectly clear picture in my
mind). The text might become friendlier to an international audience if
we can avoid words like "facilitate", "solicit", "mitigate", "eligible".

I think one of "Coordinator", "Organizer" or "Planner" will be easier
understood than "Facilitator".

Maybe "Client" in place of "Owner"? Typically not responsible for the
schedule (except deadline) and not able to define requirements all on
their own.

Thanks!

--
Thorsten Wilms