[ubuntu-art] Meerkat volume control design

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Oct 11 08:22:51 BST 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 17:05 -0500, Ersin Akinci wrote:

> I'm not sure where to send this, so my apologies if I've contacted the
> wrong list.  I was looking at 10.10's new volume control menu,
> pictured here:
>
> http://files.digitizor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Selection_013.png

Hi Ersin! You raise many good points, thanks for writing them up. But
this should go to the Ayatana list.
https://launchpad.net/~ayatana

While no further discussion should happen here, I can answer this one:

> 3. Why is Rhythmbox even mentioned by name at all? How is that
> important? If you're going to be locking in the applet with a
> particular music player anyhow, what's the point of repeating its
> name?

Every running player application will appear in the menu. You just see
the case where it's Rhythmbox alone.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: