[ubuntu-art] Proposal discussion on xubuntu wallpaper/artwork.

j_baer baerjj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 02:47:04 GMT 2010

Saleel Velankar wrote:

> Okay I thought I could put this together, but clearly I was wrong. I need
> some help. After reading John's post "Adding a Task to the Project Board."
> am asking for feedback on the following:
>
> Xubuntu is lightweight, and focuses on a more traditional desktop
> experience. It uses blues as the color scheme (also a traditional color).
> (#FFF,#203b66,#2c5aa0)
>
> The traditional desktop experience is what will pick up more users for
> xubuntu as ubuntu moves into unity and gnome moves into shell. SO our
> wallpaper should reflect this by following some older traditions of
> ubuntu.
> Traditions like featuring the animal in the wallpaper. The plus is that we
> tend to get a bunch of animal wallpapers anyways, and this would just be
> about getting the correct composition/color sheme for consideration. The
> negative is that people tend to focus a lot on the animal, and abandon any
> sense of taste.
>
> So what should I do?
>

> --
> Saleel

Saleel,

Thank you for adding this to the project board. I created a * very draft *
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/Request-7 spec on the wiki  for your
consideration.

IMO the artist will want to know the theme, palette, and things such as
image size and file format. The other important item is aspect ratio.

I am assuming you want one image for all use cases.

I would leave the other design choices open as you may be pleasantly
surprised by the creativity of the submissions.

Thoughts?

John