[ubuntu-art] Proposal discussion on xubuntu wallpaper/artwork.

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Nov 17 20:56:25 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 23:34 +0300, Сергей wrote:

> I've just posted a poll idea to OMG! Ubuntu!, let's wait and see if
> people
> still want animal wallpapers.

If you would try to create a wallpaper based on what people want, I'm
worried you might end up with :
a calm and neutral abstract graphic,
that shows an exciting landscape,
a motorcycle just for Iain,
with cute babies and bunnies,
a manga babe,
and that is politically correct
;)

The default artwork of a distribution should be about how that project
wants to be perceived. The preferences of the audience comes into play
only in an indirect way. Especially for a wallpaper, something people
like to change, perhaps just for the sake of changing it.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/