[ubuntu-art] Possible tasks

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio a.starr.b at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 20:52:04 GMT 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 2:43 PM, j_baer <baerjj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Сергей-33 wrote:
>>
>>    - update checkbox-gtk header with the new Ubuntu logo
>>    - update checkbox-gtk header with the new Ubuntu logo
>>    - update Ubuntu brainstorm look and feel
>>    - update and improve hwdb.ubuntu.com look
>>    - design a better unity logo (?)
>> Where shall I put it? Shall I report bugs in Launchpad and tag them
>> 'needs-artwork'? Or shall I edit https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Tasks?
>>

> Sergey,
>
> Thank you for the proposals. We should discuss these further before adding
> them as tasks for the team.
>
> 1. update checkbox-gtk header with the new Ubuntu logo
>
> ** Is this the Ubuntu application testing tool?

Yes, checkbox-gtk is the "System Testing" application found in "System
> Administration > System Testing"

There is an open bug report for this with some suggested images
already attached. I'm not sure what is still blocking this.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/checkbox/+bug/554202

If submitting images for this, please keep in mind another bug report
noting that the "Hardware database" text shown in the graphic isn't
translatable. This could probably be fixed using an svg (along with
the required code changes), but the text could also just be dropped.

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/checkbox/+bug/621880

 - Andrew Starr-Bochicchio