[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Forums design assistance

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Nov 7 18:32:58 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 22:17 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> http://www.foopics.com/showfull/0a404f14eb9b5fee61518d808c5dd177

Wasn't happy with that one and only later realized that "Help" and "FAQ"
are the same link. One should be dropped, "FAQ" is more descriptive.

"Community", "Forum Actions" and "Quick Links" are actually menus and
should be differentiated from other links. Included them all in my new
mockup, but perhaps it should be a single menu, or the actual actions
right on the bar, depending on their max. number.

I realize that such heavy modification can be problematic, but I wanted
to see where I end up, applying more of the ubuntu.com style:
http://www.foopics.com/showfull/24cab922804efd5587f7d8d6109d168a

Login and Search button shown in disabled state, as they should be, if
the entries are empty.

An alternative to the stars (or other icons) for read/unread would be
bold type, similar to what Evolution does.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/