[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Jersey's

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Mar 22 20:44:46 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 16:03 -0400, Dea Million wrote:

> Anyway, I just did another version.  Comments anyone?

> http://homepage.mac.com/deazigns/bike-jersey-3.png

Circle around the CoF on Right Side is too similar to the background or
vice versa. If I try to imagine how this will end up with a person in
it, I doubt the logo-type on the arms will work well (kinda cylindrical
surface, bend, wrinkled).

"10.04 Lucid Lynx" needlessly ties this to the release version (more so
than just the lynx as such). People not familiar with Ubuntu will have
no clue what that is about.

The CoF as eye would fit a robot, but appears to be problematic here
regarding style (rough splashy shape vs clean geometric shapes) and
perspective (side vs what rather suggests frontal).

This approach to the lynx could be great, strong, wild, fast, but you
should try to make the cat more recognizable.

Thinking of the composure of a racing cyclist, the back panel might
actually be the better canvas.

Thank you for working on this!

--
Thorsten Wilms