[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Jersey's

Trey Ethridge tethridge at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:54:28 GMT 2010

I forwarded the email on to the contacts at Canonical that I had
communicated with to get permission to use the Ubuntu trademark.  Dea, I
thought I had included you in the CC list.  Sorry, if you didn't get the
email thread.  I sent it to michelle at canonical.com, kiko at canonical.com, and
steve.george at canonical.com.

Here are their comments:

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 07:40:18PM -0500, Trey Ethridge wrote:
> What do you guys think of this design?  I think it is very attractive.
> I'm not sure if it complies with the guidelines for the new style. Let
> me know if this is acceptable.

It's a good start! Some comments:

   - I think it would work better if the background was plain, not
     Ubuntu-polka-dotted
   - The lynx I'm not so sure about -- it's okay but a bit huge. Maybe
     a more stylized version?

I'm not up-to-date on the new guidelines, but I'll forward this to
Suzanne who should be.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko

 Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 07:40:18PM -0500, Trey Ethridge wrote:
>> What do you guys think of this design?  I think it is very attractive.
>> I'm not sure if it complies with the guidelines for the new style. Let
>> me know if this is acceptable.
>
> It's a good start! Some comments:
>
>     - I think it would work better if the background was plain, not
>       Ubuntu-polka-dotted
>     - The lynx I'm not so sure about -- it's okay but a bit huge. Maybe
>       a more stylized version?
>
> I'm not up-to-date on the new guidelines, but I'll forward this to
> Suzanne who should be.

I'll just comment on the logo guideline piece.  From what I can see it's
using the plain Ubuntu logo and it's got the new form so it looks all
correct to me.

--
Thanks,

Steve George