[ubuntu-art] [Ubuntu-manual] Title Page Design on the Planet

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Mar 15 10:40:39 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 23:13 +1300, Benjamin Humphrey wrote:

> Could you do one based on (b) that uses Aubergine for the icons
> instead of Brown, and uses some dots instead of the wave thing at the
> bottom?
>
> Also, the dots could be quite widely spaced so it's in line with
> Canonical's new "enterprise vs. community" branding concept.
> Wide-spaced dots suggest community.
>
> Have a look at Mark's post about the new branding for more
> information. We want to try to follow the new Canonical branding as
> much as possible.

First you ask for the use of Aubergine, then you point out the
commercial vs community thing regarding the dot grid. So you want to
follow that concept with the grid, but not the colors? ;p

Also, think twice before pointing me to a blog that I referenced several
times myself and that has a topic that is central to my area of work.

Finally following Canonicals identity (not brand, that would be the
outcome) should go only so far as our own desired tone and message
allow.

As this is likely to sound a bit harsh, please think of bunnies, now.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/