[ubuntu-art] Todo

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Mar 8 12:18:36 GMT 2010

Hi!

I'd like to suggest the following to the team at Canonical:

* Add new definitive colors and logo SVGs to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Official , move old vector files to
archive section.

* Collect the reasoning, strategy, examples of the new identity from
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brand and
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/308 and integrate it into
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Documentation (or create a new section
below Artwork). Do not link to the Brand page to avoid further
terminology confusion. Update the examples such that they are about what
is or could be, not what could have been.

* Get a statement out regarding the placement and order of the window
buttons. What is the status? What is the reasoning? Provide all
arguments, pro, contra and sideways to hopefully make clear that it is
not change for the sake of change and that you don't need people from
all over the net explaining the seemingly obvious to you.

* Announce the countdown banner contest (if you must). It's such a waste
of time to have several people creating stuff, but I guess some enjoy
it, perhaps even if theirs isn't chosen. I won't, this time.

Furthermore, also for the community:

* Create a list of logos/sites/magazines/whatever that is now in need of
a visual update (already done internally, to some degree). This includes
the wiki itself. Get to know what is already being handled. Find
volunteers to tackle the rest.

* Anything to add?

--
Thorsten Wilms