[ubuntu-art] Metacity Button Order Changed

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Mar 5 18:55:11 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 13:07 -0500, Richard Querin wrote:

> Of course all of this design stuff depends on who Ubuntu is being
> aimed at. Is that documented somewhere?

What now feels to be an eternity ago, Mark Shuttleworth in a Community
Council session, http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/09/02/%
23ubuntu-meeting.html:

22:09  in terms of audience, i think we have to aim for young
professionals who are web-savvy

22:14  if we are ambitious, we want to serve all human beings

22:15  so, the only reason i focused on young web-savvy professionals is
they will be the standard-bearers for taking ubuntu to a wider audience

22:15  and they are probably attracted to particular ideas in design
like the iphone used web 2.0 ideas

----

That happened only because I asked.

There seems to be reluctance to define an audience or at least no
interest in documenting it.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: