[ubuntu-art] Theme Creator Mockup

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 10:40:39 GMT 2010

В 09:51 +0100 на 21.01.2010 (чт), Thorsten Wilms написа:
> Maybe people are not quite sure what this is about?
> Maybe the pixmap engine doesn't have many fans?

I don't understand why people think pixmaps are bad. With the power of
today's computers you even don't see the difference between code based
and image based theme plus the fact that the detail and quality is at
least two times more for the little more you "pay".

> You could try to raise some interest outside Ubuntu.

I'll definitely ask some more about this.

> If it's worth it?
> Is it possible the result would help you personally enough to make good
> for the effort invested? Could it lead to an influx of decent themes?
> Perhaps. I would likely try it out if it existed, but I would not write
> such a tool. I'm much too disappointed of GTK theming and every
> additional detail I learned about GTK made me like it less.

But as you say I might wait and see what Gnome 3.0 will deliver on the
theming side. I thought that later this could be integrated with the css
theme engine by simply having two (or more in the future) buttons:
"Export pixbuf based theme" and "Export CSS based theme".