[ubuntu-art] Business Cards

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 7 13:21:10 GMT 2010

On Saturday 26 December 2009 09:42:57 pm Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Someone came into #ubuntu-artwork and asked for help with editing an
> Ubuntu business card template. Said template has everything grouped, so
> one must know about ungrouping or double-clicking to make it editable.
> But the text is all vectors anyway ...
>
> Have a look at:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BusinessCards
> What I talked about is the last option. Does anyone know what font is
> used there?
>

> I think there should be only one design that must be SVG (.ai could be
> an option). The SVG should have editable text, ideally in a free/libre
> font that is in the default install (not too limiting, as this text
> shouldn't be fancy).
>
> The page should contain a bit of help regarding editing the file and the
> tip to convert to vectors if the final file is to be handed out for
> printing.
>
> So ... I could simply replace the text on the back of the last business
> card option. Who would need to give green light for this? Would anyone
> here like to have a go at another design?

I think that it is important that we offer members a format which they can
easily edit with tools available in ubuntu. However, I realize that printers
often use other formats. It is therefore important that we offer both formats
but it is imperative that the designs are not changed in any way.

All the info on how to edit, print, etc. should be displayed on the the wiki
page (or at least a very clear link to the info should be provided), if not in
the SVG itself.

As for have a one-sided design as well as the two sided design, I will clear
this up and get back to you ;) I will have a definite answer by the beginning
on next week (yes, some people are still on vacation!).

--
Ken