[ubuntu-art] .doc, .xls, etc icons in Humanity Update

Vishnoo drkvi-a at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 17:17:12 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 17:44 +0100, François Degrave wrote:
> Vishnoo a écrit :

> >> Those filetypes are supported by OOo. No need to associate them to icons
> >> referencing to Ms applications not supported under Linux.
> >>

> > The icon is used only when someone is saving the file to be MS office
> > complaint.
> > Why cant we stop using that format , rather than nit-pick over what one
> > has just chosen to continue to support?
> >

> >>  As far as I
> >> know, there is no reference to Adobe in the pdf files icons.
> >>

> > I'd suggest you check again ;)
> >
> Ok well, you are right. And that is basically... lame. Evince is the
> default PDF reader, why should the icon be related to Adobe?

There is a difference between PDF and Adobe / Evince.   :)

PDF is an _open_ Portable Document Format. and the logo isnt even been
used in full. ;)

Adobe is a company with several apps and "Reader" , "Acrobat" is the pdf
reader and editor respectively. Note the adobe logo isnt used. Their
logo is different.

Evince is an app too and not a format ...

--
Cheers,
Vish