[ubuntu-art] .doc, .xls, etc icons in Humanity Update

François Degrave fdegrave at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:44:48 GMT 2010

Vishnoo a écrit :

>>> Thats really awesome. :)
>>>
>>> Then using those files types should be reduced rather than complaining
>>> about the icon ;)
>>>

>> Those filetypes are supported by OOo. No need to associate them to icons
>> referencing to Ms applications not supported under Linux.
>>

> The icon is used only when someone is saving the file to be MS office
> complaint.
> Why cant we stop using that format , rather than nit-pick over what one
> has just chosen to continue to support?
>

>>  As far as I
>> know, there is no reference to Adobe in the pdf files icons.
>>

> I'd suggest you check again ;)

Ok well, you are right. And that is basically... lame. Evince is the
default PDF reader, why should the icon be related to Adobe? Even under
MacOSX the pdf files icons have no reference to the Adobe brand, this is
a non-sense. Why not give a Quicktime icon to .mov files in that case?
And even a IE icon to every HTML file? It is simply stupid.