[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu - "10.4" - Lynx wallpapers

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Feb 5 16:12:15 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 16:32 +0100, admin at stormchasers.sk wrote:

> I would like to help with the wallpaper development for Lynx. Just tell me
> your ideas and suggestions.

If I wouldn't be concerned about appearing mean and/or mad, I might
write: A Mini-Me He-man version of Mark Shuttleworth riding on an
armored battle lynx that rips a meditating Darth Koala to pieces. All
this happening on Pandora, with some non-communist heterosexual Smurfs
watching in the background (one of them smoking a joint).

But so I can only say: This is not how it works.

First you have to know that the default wallpaper is almost always an
entirely internal affair at Canonical. We here just create additional
artwork, hot air and perhaps awful attempts at humor.

Have a look at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork
http://www.flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-artwork
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Documentation/Briefing
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Documentation/Message

Oh, and then either you realize your own ideas, or you should not expect
that abything useful will come your way. I mean, just asking for ideas
with no context and no limits means risking nothingness due to that
scary white void of anything-goes/nothing-has-a-reason ... or the
impossible, silly and over-the-top neighborhood of insanity, boundless
and undirected creativity.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: