[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Software Center Design Proposal

Saleel Velankar svelanka at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 21:04:36 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:

> This is explicitly on our task list and it's all about visual design.

alright then, one of the major problems with this design has already been a
little discussed in the other thread. Using ubuntu specific
branding/elements/colors hurts any other distrolets that may be using the
store.

Also this next critique is a bit personal: imho opinions stuff that is
launched inside an application should act and feel native, instead of like a
website. iTunes has the sort of store in the mockup built in, and it
literally makes me want to nail a rusty fork in someones eye.
--
Saleel