[ubuntu-art] Free Culture Showcase History - was Re: Alternate Natty Wallpaper Proposal

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Tue Dec 14 19:43:50 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 14:22 -0500, Saleel Velankar wrote:

> I didn't think that this is such a radical proposal as all that.

Right, you did switch the focus of the initial proposal(which aims at
the default install). The initial proposal though is an unnecessary
duplication of efforts, with no real probability of being accepted for a
default.
> "The Ubuntu community desires to ... To aide in meeting this objective
> a selection of alternate wallpapers is shipped *by default* .."

I dint comment about your new idea. An additional wallpaper package in
the universe repo is not a major issue, a community package seems fine
and feasible.

If we want to do it, we can get help from MOTU and upload it. Shouldnt
be a big hassle.

--
Cheers,
Vish