[ubuntu-art] Alternate Natty Wallpaper Proposal

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 18:22:26 GMT 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:00 AM, John Baer <baerjj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on the fence with this and your advice is very much appreciated. My
> concern is the the volume (viz. 5750 photo's to ? illustrations ) and no way
> to identify effort (viz. intrepid vs maverick vs natty ).
>
> Does it make sense to follow the lead of the Marketing team and to mold the
> spec around the roles they defined?
>
> Any additional thoughts about this is greatly appreciated.

Hey John,

The official community flickr pool is obviously a great place for
submissions, but I agree that the volume of photos is enormous there
and it's hard to find illustrated wallpapers which were designed for a
particular release.

What do you think about the possibility of creating and promoting
flickr tags (ie #wallpaper-natty-illustrated) for this purpose? This
would use the existing infrastructure while allowing a signal boost
for illustrated release-specific wallpapers, which I agree would be a
benefit.

Cheers,
Ryan