[ubuntu-art] Alternate Natty Wallpaper Proposal

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Dec 13 11:05:59 GMT 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 11:44 -0500, John Baer wrote:
>  The proposal is to create graphic designs to be used as alternate
>  Ubuntu wallpapers for the Natty release. It is important to remember
>  this is a proposal which means this effort may or may not be
>  endorsed by the Canonical Design Team.

I suppose you mean to say that this hasn't been discussed with any
member of the Canonical Design Team?

>  IMO if we do this right this will be a big win for the team and
>  probably our only chance to contribute wallpapers to the Ubuntu
>  Natty release.

So far the *only chance* has been
http://www.flickr.com/groups/ubuntu-artwork/pool/
(It is not restricted to photos)

I would feel much better about it, if submissions following your
proposal would be added to that pool, instead of separate pools that
will likely be ignored.

Vish is so not amused by how you go about this, that he moved the spec
to:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JohnBaer/Specs/Alternate_Natty_Wallpapers
with a comments on the change:
"Personal interest task removed, not yet accepted as a task for the
Artwork team. Moving it to John's namespace
[JohnBaer/Specs/Alternate_Natty_Wallpapers ] , pending discussion."

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/