[ubuntu-art] Make announcement of submissions mandatory

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Sat Dec 11 02:19:57 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 17:08 -0500, John Baer wrote:
> 2010/12/10 Leandro Gómez <leo.telsen at gmail.com>

>         I completely understand your reasoning and your intentions
>         behind this. I'm just annoyed to see yet another bureaucratic
>         process being added to the list.
>

> Just my 2 cents. I appreciate the intent but I find it difficult to
> understand how making demands which can not be enforced become a
> positive motivational tool.

This is not a new concept/idea.
For folks who remember "Breathe Icon theme", this was part of the
submissions process:

"Put your submissions here. ... along with an announcement of your
submission on the Ubuntu-Artwork Team mailing list. "
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions>

It worked for Breathe, every submission was announced and critiqued
here. And critiques were from members who did not work on Breathe Icon
set too.

> My perception is individuals who are looking for advice do post this
> desire to the list and members from the community are making  comments
> and suggestions. I believe a comment was posted from the Xubuntu
> community a few days back.
>
> This is not something I support.

Just because new folks are trying to take-on the responsibility, we
should not forget how successful community projects were run in the
past.

And as Сергей mentioned earlier, 'Breathe icon theme' did feel like a
community process and not an "every man for himself" task.

--
Cheers,
Vish