[ubuntu-art] Make announcement of submissions mandatory

Leandro Gómez leo.telsen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 15:02:38 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:15 PM, Vishnoo <vish at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> While we are getting new submissions for each task, there seems to be
> less activity here regarding the submissions and it is not clear that
> there were submissions even.
> If anyone had to check the new submissions they will have to keep
> checking the respective flickr groups *daily* for submissions. Not
> everyone would be doing that. Only the people running the tasks would
> look into it fairly regularly.
>
> We need to get more eyes on the submissions.
> More people expressing their views/opinions/critique on the submissions.
> Announcements will also help get a review earlier than the deadline and
> time for tweaks.
> Ensuing discussion might create new/better ideas.
>
> Let's make announcement of the submissions mandatory and make sure it is
> mentioned in every task page.

While I can see clearly the benefits of announcing the submissions to the
mailing list, I totally fail understanding why it must be mandatory?

Is it that difficult to check the flickr groups once in a while? Do you know
how much time it takes to click a few links and check a couple of galleries
vs. the time spent creating a wallpaper?

Personally, I'll be more than happy to see my submissions discussed on the
list, but I won't make any announcements.