[ubuntu-art] Wallpaper due dates need to be checked - was Re: Ubuntu Artwork Team Logo Deadline Extended

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 8 18:30:00 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 18:11 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 20:27 +0530, Vishnoo wrote:
>
> > <http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-date-format>
> > Since obviously option 1 has its pit-fall of not being
> > international-friendly, let's go with option 2 :  "1 February 2010"
> >
> > Or if we want to keep it short  : "1 Feb 2010" / "2010, 1 Feb"
>
> No mixed order, please.
>
> I'm not opposed to "1 February 2010".

OK, updated the dates.

While checking out the dates, I noticed that the due date for
Xubuntu,Edubuntu,Lubuntu wallpaper is specked as *25* Mar 2011.

The final date for Natty User Interface Freeze is March *24*
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyReleaseSchedule>

While the derivatives do have freedom to be a bit flexible with the
freeze dates, setting a due date which falls /after/ the freeze is a bit
weird.

IMO, we should close submissions 10-15days before the UI freeze.
Closing alteast 10 days before freeze would give, 7 days for judging and
approvals, atleast 3 days for contacting the respective artists and any
final tweaks.

--
Cheers,
Vish