[ubuntu-art] Artwork Team Logo Submissions

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Dec 5 09:56:41 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 16:30 -0800, j_baer wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/TeamLogoSubmissions

In my eyes only #14 and #17 are acceptable.

#14 needs a little tweaking. The elements should be a bit thicker, just
slightly more robust. There should be an imaginary circle at the center.

#17 would have to be reduced to just one shape for the 14 (and 16?)
pixel size.

Note that I don't think we should bother about 14 and 16 px sizes too
much. Having a blob of color that does not look like just any other blob
of color is already an achievement at that scale.

#37 is a good concept, but the differing treatment of the straight lines
seems odd. The thin lines mean scaling is no fun at all.

#26 and especially #25 are attractive, but not clear enough in their
relation to our realm.

All the thick brushes seem clumsy. The few splattery approaches don't
speak of planning and precision. While artistic gusto could come in as
an aspect, it can't be the dominant feature.

As far as I'm concerned we are still open for submissions until at least
1st of February.

I just edited the spec to actually list the Launchpad icon sizes (14,
64, 192 px, how could we miss that?).
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/0001_Artwork_Team_Logo

--
Thorsten Wilms