[ubuntu-art] Artwork Team Logo - Submissions due today!

Vishnoo vish at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 3 10:22:43 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 10:32 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> > Would scale better and is less "busy" than the other submissions.
>
> That's a ridiculous claim, given submissions like
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/j_baer/5142173763/in/pool-uawt-1#/photos/j_baer/5142173763/in/pool-1507468@N25/

Right, what i meant was not all, but rather the ones which i thought
could be used as logos.

And include this one as well with the brush:
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/55752892@N05/5168384008/in/pool-1507468@N25/>

The issue those icons have is they seem to symbolize an /edit/ action,
like 'draw' or 'edit' .
Checkout the launchpad's edit icon, it's very close to the brush. I dont
see how those relates to a *team's* logo.

It's like just using a '?' in a dot for a 'Support team' .

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/55752892@N05/5196951321/in/pool-uawt-1#/photos/55752892@N05/5196951321/in/pool-1507468@N25/

I'm not even sure if anyone would relate the icon to artwork/freedom.
But, i do like the thought process that lead to the logo. Hope it meant
more about freedom than a mechanical fan, which I dont seem to relate to
freedom.

> It's not like we couldn't replace the logo again, should there ever be a
> better idea.

Replace it? when? ;)
If we decide to change to a 'design' team, all the work folks have done
will be in vain. It wont even be used for 2-3months.
If everyone feels OK with changing a logo in just such a short period,
we should make it clearer for people that their work might be replaced.

And my concern was more about *closing* the submissions and finalizing,
rather than about accepting submissions.

--
Cheers,
Vish